2nd Circular (May 21, 2018) Presentation of papers, submission for publication and style standards
Faculty of Humanities of the University of Castilla-La Mancha Campus University S/N building Benjamin Palencia 02071 Albacete
Presentation of free Papers
- The selected free papers will be presented during the sessions of the Congress in a maximum time of 15 minutes, being able to use software of presentation (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.). The speakers will then be able to participate in the discussions of their respective session.
- To be included in the official program of the Congress, the authors must guarantee their personal presentation.
- In the case of several authors, the presentation can only be performed by one.
Submission of free papers for publication
- Participants in the Congress whose paper has been selected by the Scientific Committee should send their papers to the post: firstname.lastname@example.org before October 1, 2018.
- To be included in the publication, the papers should be presented personally at the meetings of the Congress.
- The papers sent must be adapted to the style rules that are attached.
- After the Congress, the organization will be able to open a short term for small modifications arising from the sessions and debates, or for formal changes due to the possible editorial requirements.
- As stipulated in Circular No. 1 (29 October 2017), the "Organizing committee, on the proposal of the Scientific Committee, reserves the right to exclude from publication the definitive papers submitted for lack of rigor and scientific quality or Drafting even though they have passed the selection and presentation procedures. " may also be excluded those whose content does not respond to the subject matter or the title raised by the author in the original proposal.
- The rules that are included are the style recommendations of the Publications Service of the University of Castilla-La Mancha. They can be consulted in their complete form at: http://publicaciones.uclm.es/citar-bibliografias/
- The papers will be presented in Word format, with a maximum extension of 20 pages (including annexes) and letter Times New Roman 12, leading 1.5, margins 2.5 cm and first line indent of 1.5 cm.
- The title of the paper should be uppercase and bold and centered. Under it, the name of the author (s) and institutional affiliation. captions, lowercase, no indent, and bold.
- The statistical tables and charts shall be inserted in the text, preceded by the term "table" or "graphic" and the corresponding number. If photographs are added, they must be in black and white and will be posted to the global of the stipulated pages.
- Textual quotations may be inserted, and the use of the short quotation is recommended. Quotations of less than four lines must be in Spanish or Latin quotes, forming part of the body of the text.
- The extensive textual quotations, of more than four lines, should be placed in line apart and bled with respect to the left margin; The text will not entrecomillará and will be reduced to body 10.
- The system of bibliographic citations allowed is known as American, or "system of quoting author and date", inserted in the text in parentheses:
Last name year, volume number in uppercase, page number. Examples: (JARAVA 1995, 50). (GRIFFIN 1998, 282-283). (MARTÍNEZ RUIZ 2003, 20) In the case of the citation of works by the same author published on the same date, the letters of the alphabet shall be used after the indication of the year: A, B, C. Example: (GRIFFIN 1998a, 282-283)
- Footnotes can be included to insert quotations from information, reinforcement, shipping, or non-bibliographic sources (see Specifications in the following section). The notes will always go to body 10 and to a single space.
At the end of the text must be collected all the references quoted (in a section with the title references in bold and unnumbered) in alphabetical order of surname of the authors. Examples:
Book an Author: Surname (S), name (year): Title of the book, Editorial, place of publication. Several authors: surname (s), first name and surname (s) (year): Title of the book, Editorial, place of publication.
Article in collective work an author: surname (s), name (year): «Title of the Chapter», in Name surname (S) (to Dir., ed., Coord. [as the case]), title of the book, Editorial, place of edition, pp. Several authors: surname (s), first name and surname (year): «Title of Chapter», in Name surname (s) (to Dir., ed., Coord. [as the case]), title of the book, Editorial, place of edition, pp.
Article in magazine an Author: surname (S), name (year): «Title of the article», title of the magazine, N º, pp. Several authors: surname (s), name and name surname (s) (year): «Title of the article», title of the magazine, N º, pp.
Document in electronic format: In the case of books, chapters of books or articles of Revitas online, the criteria are the same as for the works on paper, although the date of the consultation [Day, month, year] and between square brackets are added at the end Pico the < http://> address (without activating the link).
Hemerográficas sources: References collected in journalistic sources will appear at the foot of the page and should reference, if any, the name of the author (surnames, name) and the title of the article quoting («»); In any house, the title of the newspaper in italics and the date of publication (20/05/2018) must be indicated. «Act of homage to the Yugoeslavos students of the International Brigades», now, 07/01/1938.
File references: References to file sources will appear at the foot of the page. If it is correspondence, it should be indicated that it is a letter of… To… () date. If the record or file has a title, quoting will be indicated. The name of the file will be developed the first time you cite it. For example: General Archive of the Administration (hereinafter AGA). «Occupation of Menorca (09/02/1939)», General Archive of the Navy (AGM), leg. 9468.
- The Scientific Committee shall return those papers which do not conform to these rules so that in a short period of time they are adapted, rejecting those which ultimately do not comply with them and those which do not correspond with the proposals accepted in the selection process. Not one page more than the stipulations will be allowed.